Welcome to My Blog

Thanks for stopping by....Please feel free to leave any comments, or simply just say Hi:) Any questions...just send me an email cdjr4@cox.net

Friday, August 1, 2008

Linda Holloway

October 19, 1944 - July 25, 2008

I remember the first time I met Linda. Our friends Bobby and Paula had just brought home their newborn, and Ron and I went over to say hello and welcome the new baby. Linda was the proud new grandmother …and oh was she proud. I'm trying to think how best describes Linda, and the word CHIHUAHUA comes to mind; small, FEISTY, loyal, protective of her own, did I say FEISTY yet? :) I absolutely loved being around her and her family. She and her husband Raymond perfected the ever-so-normal husband and wife kidding and friendly bickering with each other. They were hilarious! And I can't think of a better time I've ever had than the time we all played the board games Scategories and Taboo together many years ago. Oh My Gosh!! I can't even tell you how hard I laughed...(and those of you who know me, know what this means). As you can see from the pictures below, there was always a lot of laughter.

Linda and her husband Raymond lived in the town of Sneads their entire lives. She and her best friend Barbara "ran the town" from city hall for over 30 years. They lived very close to each other, worked together, retired together, and sadly passed away within just a couple of months of each other.

Linda, we will miss you. Thank you for always treating my family like a part of yours.

Linda's friend and fellow church member, Melissa Craven, sang this song so beautifully at Linda's funeral service.

After pressing play, entire show will load before it begins

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME JOB! Bobby says A+++! We wish everyone could have a BEST FRIEND like you. Our family is lucky to have you documenting the last few years for us with your camera. We will feel even luckier as we get older and have these memories to cherish because of you. Thank you for not letting the HERNDON KARMA run you off and for being a part of our family.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute, I'm sure she is smiling down on each of you thinking how blessed she was to have had such wonderful friends and family. We truly reep what we sow and she sowed seeds of love and laughter that shall carry on for generations.

Cleve Lewis and Phillis Dunn

Anonymous said...

What an amazing video of Bobby's Mom! You do such great work, Cindy. I've really enjoyed looking at your blog!

Lisa Holloway

Anonymous said...

I was very fortunate to be able to work with Linda and Barbara at Sneads City Hall from June, 1994 until February, 2002 when they both retired. The memories and the laughter they both have given me will never be forgotten. Linda was honest, true,if she believed in something stood her ground and was a dear friend. I am glad I got the chance to tell her before she went to a better place how dear she was to me. She loved her family more than anything. I hope I can make her proud in the position that I now hold that she held for over 33 years. I was blessed to have her in my life and I truly miss her as everyone does who knew her.

Sherri Griffin
City Clerk, Town of Sneads