Welcome to My Blog

Thanks for stopping by....Please feel free to leave any comments, or simply just say Hi:) Any questions...just send me an email cdjr4@cox.net

Friday, April 25, 2008

My favorite photographer...David Jay

I had a chance meeting with DJ and his girlfriend Allie (who is just as awesome as he is) in a coffee shop in Tampa one morning. He has been so helpful to me during this very steep (for me) learning curve of photography. I am so grateful to people like him who generously share their talent and knowledge. I'm headed to Atlanta this weekend for a meeting with him and a few others as he introduces his newest showit sites software for photographers which will launch in a couple of weeks. He was recently in Chicago, walking down the street with his friend Kenny, and this is what happened...(stole this from KennyKim's blog)

Kenny's blog entry:

Here's a funny story. So DJ & I are walking and this guy honks at us and pulls over. I thought it was just a friend of mine that I haven't seen in long time that recognized me to say hi or something. Turns out he (Greg Allen) is a photographer from London in town to shoot a wedding. He is a huge fan of DJ. Greg told us that just the other day, he said to himself that if he ever ran into DJ, he will personally thank him for all the impact he's made in his life. Lo and behold, he spots DJ walking on the streets of Chicago! Talk about a serendipitous moment! But really it just goes to show you how much of an global impact DJ has in this industry



Here's a picture from the meeting last night in Chicago...my friend Shandon is the blonde in the front row. She just happened to be in Chicago this week with her Church children's ministry group.

1 comment:

|| davidjay || said...

You're so wonderful and it's been such a treat getting to know you over the past year! You're a blessing in my life and I'm sure in many others as well!

:)
DJ